To the Farm
To The Farm
Shri Eknathrao Khadse (MLA of Maharashtra)
Minister of Revenue, Agriculture, Excise and Minority Affairs
The changes in nature and their effects are a major source of worry these days. This department has taken some steps in this regard so that the problems of the farmers can be solved. One of the steps was the application of crop insurance to bananas.
The Department has also taken some decisions. There were 1159 workers, half/semi skilled and skilled persons in 3 Agricultural Universities. They were made permanent. The whole land in the state will be measured by satellite. Policy decisions will be taken about producing wine from cashews and bananas. One Agricultural College will be established in every district of the state. The agricultural development committee under the authority of Chief Secretary (Social Justice) and the poverty removal/eradication committee under the authority of additional Chief Secretary (Agriculture) will be Established.
Some other important decisions taken by this department are:
- The department will make 5000 villages free from water shortage every year. In this way, in the next five years around 25000 villages will be made free from water shortage.
- Around 2000 weather stations will be established on Taluk level to provide information about weather.
- He process to deliver five lakh solar pumps for agriculture has already begun.
- The restructuring and exemption of loans on crops will be undertaken.
- To fight against drought a 7000 Cr. Rs. Package allotted for a permanent scheme.
- The government will repay the money-lenders’ loan in 21811villages. The department will directly transfer the amount of Rs. 3,433 Cr. in the bank accounts of farmers as compensation for the loss of crops in the year 2014.